Frostop® is a name that at
its zenith was most familiar to millions of thirsty Americans. In
1926, Mr. L. S. Harvey opened his first Frostop®
Root Beer stand in Springfield, Ohio. It was so successful that
word quickly spread about his operation and its delicious, creamy
Soon, Frostop® stands spread
throughout the nation until the onset of World War II. During the
war, expansion was curtailed due to shortages of building materials
and equipment, as well as the flavors and sweetening agents so necessary
in the manufacture of Frostop®
After the war, Mr. Harvey, who was convinced that Frostop®
was the finest root beer ever made, resumed expansion of the chain.
Under new aggressive ownership in the 1950s, Frostop®
experienced tremendous growth during the post war boom years of
the drive-in era. The signature brown and yellow, neon lit stands,
with their gigantic, revolving root beer mug on top, dotted the
countryside and became a favorite place to rest and enjoy an icy
cold frosted mug of Frostop®.
The products's as good as ever, and we thought it was long overdue
for a revival. The great genuine 1950s taste is now available for
purchase in nostalgic brown bottles.